Hi there,

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 11:52:04AM +0100, Tino Schwarze wrote:

> I mailed my sales rep yesterday explaining my concerns and got a reply
> today that he'll ask the marketing department for an official statement.

I got an answer today (German, English translation below):

> [...] Ich kann Sie voll und ganz verstehen. DELL hat sich entschieden an
> dieser Stelle den gleichen Weg zu gehen wie die Konkurrenz (HP,IBM). Das
> heisst auch bei den anderen werden Sie dort kein Glück haben was diese
> Sache an geht.  Zur Zeit kann ich Ihnen dann nur den Perc 6i empfehlen
> solange dieser noch zur Verfügung steht. Falls Sie hierzu noch weitere
> Fragen haben sollten, dann rufen Sie mich bitte kurz an. Vielen Dank für
> Ihr Verständnis.
>
> P.S. ich hätte Ihnen gerne eine andere Auskunft gegeben :-/

Rough translation: I do fully understand you. DELL decided to go the
same route as it's competitors (HP, IBM). Which means you'll be out of
luck there as well regarding this issue. For the time being I can only
recommend the PERC 6i as long as it is available. Please call me if
you've got further questions. Thank you for your understanding.
PS: I'd rather given you a different information.

End of translation.

Tino.

www.lichtkreis-chemnitz.de
www.tisc.de