Thanks, Steven, for that helpful script (ral-superinv).  I found it very
useful as an source of ideas about getting firmware revision data on our
Dell PowerEdge servers.  I am wondering if you or anyone on this list
can suggest a way to determine the firmware revision of the Unified
Server Configurator on the new Nehalem servers - I've looked in the
output of dmidecode, syscfg, etc. but didn't see anything immediately
apparent that looked like 1.1 / 1.2 / 1.3.

I did come up with mechanisms to get NIC firmware revisions (Broadcom
and Intel, at least), as well as those for Seagate hard drives (with and
without PERC RAID) - Dell has DUPs for firmware updates for both of
those components as well.  I'd be happy to share those, although they
are written in Perl, not sh, as your original script was, so would
probably serve mostly as inspiration.

@alex

--
mailto:alex.du...@mac.com