From: "Ron Croonenberg" <r...@depauw.edu>
To: "Paul M. Dyer" <pmd...@ctgcentral2.com>
Cc: "linux-poweredge" <linux-poweredge@dell.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 8, 2010 9:18:30 AM
Subject: Re: dell 2850 initrd problem.

Hi Paul,

I managed to move pretty much all data from the 'hosed' machine to
another place. (there are a few things that I would like to salvage but
couldn't)

I would like to make an attempt to fix the filesystem and see if I can
get some more of it.

So if I issue:
"e2fsck -f -b 32768 /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol01"

because that is the one with the bad superblock? that I found a bit ago
with:

> e2label /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol01 : bad magic number in
> Group-LogVol01. couldn't find valid filesystem superblock

(although Jefferson mentioned that might be swap)

there is also:

/dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00 but I thought that was /boot ?

sorry about all the questions, but I am a bit of a rookie with fixing
crashed filesystems.

thanks,

Ron