Hi,

We ordered several R310s without DRAC cards because they are supposed to be
inexpensive systems, and adding $300 to each server's cost adds an additional
25% to the total price. My main concern is the way that the BMC/IPMI interface
works. It seems totally insane to me that there is no way to just assign one of
the LOM nics to be the BMC/IPMI interface. Is there a technical reason why this
isn't possible, or is it just something Dell did to sell more DRACs?

We have no need for more than 1 NIC in our servers, and since all 11th Gen
poweredge servers come with 2 NICs, it seemed like a total no brainer to just
use 1 NIC for the network and 1 NIC for the IPMI/BMC. That way they could be
cabled to two completely different networks.

We don't want the management NIC or traffic to be visible to the operating
system for security reasons.

thanks,
-Drew