Drew,
I believe you can achieve your desired behavior, probably through multiple
methods.

The best method would be to set the BMC to use the shared LOM 1,enable IPMI
over LAN, and from the BIOS disable LOM1.  I believe in this scenario, the LOM
is hidden from the OS but is still usable by the BMC.

The other method would be to set the BMC to use the shared LOM 1, enable IPMI
over LAN, and not load/bind a driver to the LOM.

I don't have the bandwidth at this point to verify, but I am fairly confident
that this should work.  Just test it out and see.  Let me know if you can't get
this working, in which case I will see if I can dig up a recommendation.

Wayne Weilnau
Systems Management Technologist
Dell | OpenManage Software Development

Confidentiality Notice | This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for
the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential or
proprietary information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, immediately
message.