Hello,
     I am attempting to setup a slackware machine with raid-1. Slackware
3.6, 2.0.35 kernel. I downloaded the latest linuxthreads and raidtools. I
recompiled the kernel to support raid.
     I have two IBM 9.1 gig uw scsi drives on an advansys card.
     I am trying to mirror /dev/sda3 with /dev/sdb3 and /dev/sda4 with
/dev/sdb4. I edited raid1.conf and placed it in /etc per instructions. when
I run 'mkraid raid1.conf' it parses the file and begins the creation of the
file system. At 49% of /dev/md1 (sda4 & sdb4) it freezes. (I can still
switch to a different console and kill the process.) After trying again, I
commented out the second half of raid1.conf so that it would only run mkraid
on /dev/md0 (sda3 & sdb3) and it stopped at 49% as well. /dev/sda3 is a
800mb partition, and /dev/sda4 is a 8gig partition. Both Disks have
identical partition layouts.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,
David