As far as I know there are only raid0145-patches available for the
0.36-kernel; try upgrading the kernel to 2.0.36 and get the latest patches
www.XY.kernel.org or any place you like (the lastest I think is
raid0145-19990309-2.0.36). Get also the 0.90 raidtools. Patch the kernel
again and install the raidtools (deinstall mdutils if you have installed so
far before).
I tried it with 2.0.36 kernel on SuSE6.0 and everything worked fine.

Dietmar