On Tue, Feb 02, 1999 at 12:53:18AM +0200, Markus Linnala thusly shaped the electrons:
> Hisaaki Shibata <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > At 800MB bonnie test, I get following error.
> >
> > pro:/home# /usr/local/src/bonnie/bonnie -s 800 >> /test-pre7-raid5_2scsi
> > File './Bonnie.876', size: 838860800
> > Writing with putc()...done
> > Rewriting...done
> > Writing intelligently...Killed
>
> The version at kernel seems to kill random program, but latest
> kills only bonnie, dd or whatever makes heavy writing.

Actually on the setups I tested it memory starves the system thus the first
program trying to allocate a single byte dies or zombies.

I've seen die my system in a few seconds because of init and squid going into
zombie and being unable to unmount and raidstop /dev/md0.

Regards, Giulio