Is the Tape on the MegaRAID card or some other controller? And what type of
tape is it? I wonder if this might be like problems commonly seen on Adaptec
controllers unless we slowdown the max sync transfer rate to the tape.

-----Original Message-----
From: Carlos Bote [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 03, 1999 7:06 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: MEGARAID PROBLEM WITH KERNEL 2.2.1 ?

Hello all

I think i've found a problem in the MEGARAID driver for HP NetRaid card.

With Kernel 2.0.36 and his patch works fine, but with kernel 2.2.1, when I
do a complete backup with "tar" or with "dd" (or similar, "amanda",
"taper" , "dump") I get the message (after some archives)

"SCSI: Aborting command due to timeout: pid 53243, SCSI 2, channel 1, id 0
lun 0
 Write (8) 00 40 67 04 00"

And the system crash. The system has support for SMP with dual Pentium II.

Can you help me, please, urgent !!

Good Bye