On Wed, 3 Feb 1999, A James Lewis wrote:

> Unfortunately, I can't help you with your question.. but perhaps you can
> help me with mine!
>
> I am interested in setting up a Linux based server with an HP box but had
> rejected the HP Raid because I was unaware of support for the beast,.,.

There is support for Hp Raid, but under kernel 2.2.1 it is not very
stable.

> If you are using it, I can only deduce that there is support, so perhaps
> you can tell me which driver and what the configuration issues are?

You have to apply the patch you'll find on ftp://ami.com. Compile de
Kernel 2.0.36 and a MEGARAID support will appear under SCSI section,
wich is compatible with HP Netraid. In Kernel 2.2.x this support is
included.

> have never used a hardware raid card under Linux, but am no stranger to
> Linux.. so any advice or informational URL's you can point me to would
> also be helpfull..  I also wish to use it with 2.2.x so perhaps once I
> have the system up I can try to duplicate your problem..

There is a little help document inside the patch.  I don't really know
much about this, since I've never used an HP Netraid before. I'm sorry I
can`t help you anymore.

Cheers,
Carlos Bote
[EMAIL PROTECTED]