Chris Price wrote:
>         Instead of pointing fingers at Redhat, I would ask if there is
> someone with teh Linux-raid community that actively corresponds with
> redhat to let them know of current status of linux-raid? Ingo etal. seem
> to be doing a superb job in adding funtionality and fixing bugs quickly,
> but that does result in a myriad of patches being issued fairly
> regularily -> is it Redhat's responsibility to keep track of linux-raid,
> or is it our responsibility to inform them of stable releases?

It would certainly be nice to have a single
set of kernel patches, and to remove all the
old out of date HOWTOs. Simply deleting all of
www.kernel.org/pub/linux/daemons/raid/{HOWTO,beta,*0.41*,*0.42*}
would be a good start, then removing the bogus
RAID4/5 functionality in the Linus kernels (or
integrating the RAID patches therein). The
situation is incredibly confusing for people
like me who've just turned up again after a
bit of an absence.

Rich.

--
Bibliotech Ltd., 631-633 Fulham Rd., London SW6 5UQ. +44 171 460 4646
http://www.bibliotech.co.uk  Home page: http://www.annexia.demon.co.uk