>> Tom Livingston wrote:
>>
>>> As others have pointed out recently on this list, you can get raid working
>>> with a 2.2.10 kernel.  Ingo posted a fix, which involves changing just one
>>> line.
>>
>> I wrote:
>> The fix is only one line, BUT that one line occurs TWICE.  Change both
>> occurrences of 'current->priority = 0' to 'current->priority = 1'
>> in /usr/src/linux/drivers/block/md.c.  Ideally, that constant should
>> have a symbolic name like LOWEST_PRIORITY.
>>
> Christopher E. Browne wrote:
>       So if I am distilling the correct data here, one patches 2.2.1
> with the latest 2.2.6 raid patch, ignores the rejects, and cheges
> those to lines and then has a working raid system?
> Are there and issues with the AC patches?

Mostly correct.  The 2.2.6 patch fails against linux/include/linux/fs.h
The following code, which is the failing piece, needs to be added to fs.h

        static inline int buffer_lowprio(struct buffer_head * bh)
        {
                return test_bit(BH_LowPrio, &bh->b_state);
        }

I don't know about AC patches, I no longer apply them.

        johna