Surely tested, but "production quality" depends on your application.....

I don't believe it has been described by the developers as "Production
Quality" "but your mileage may vary"......

James

On Wed, 7 Jul 1999, Fred Reimer wrote:

> On Tue, 06 Jul 1999, Christoph Martin wrote:
> > You can apply the 2.2.6 patches to 2.2.10. But it is not working
> > correctly. Normal operation is ok, but if a raid comes out of sync and
> > need a resync (like when you reboot without a proper shutdown), this
> > would fail.
> >
> > I have a 2.2.10 with 2.2.6 raid patches running at the moment, because
> > I need 2.2.10 to get Informix IDS running. But when the machine
> > crashed I had to boot my old 2.2.6 to get the rebuild done and then
> > reboot with 2.2.10 for Informix.
> >
> > Ingo Molnar talked about working on the patches for 2.2.10 and that he
> > fixed the problem with resync, but he did not yet release the code.
> >
> > Christoph
>
> So....
>
> If you're only using RAID0, which you can not rebuild and has no
> syncing, then the 2.2.6 patches applied to 2.2.10 provide tested,
> production quality RAID?
>
> I will take a backup before proceeding, but I would also like to get
> concensus from linux-raid participants and particularly Ingo...
>
> Fred

A.J. ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Sometimes you're ahead, somtimes you're behind.
The race is long, and in the end it's only with yourself.