John E. Adams wrote:

> >> I wrote:
> >> The fix is only one line, BUT that one line occurs TWICE.  Change both
> >> occurrences of 'current->priority = 0' to 'current->priority = 1'
> >> in /usr/src/linux/drivers/block/md.c.  Ideally, that constant should
> >> have a symbolic name like LOWEST_PRIORITY.
> >>
> > Christopher E. Browne wrote:
> >       So if I am distilling the correct data here, one patches 2.2.1
> > with the latest 2.2.6 raid patch, ignores the rejects, and cheges
> > those to lines and then has a working raid system?
> > Are there and issues with the AC patches?
>
> Mostly correct.  The 2.2.6 patch fails against linux/include/linux/fs.h
> The following code, which is the failing piece, needs to be added to fs.h
>
>         static inline int buffer_lowprio(struct buffer_head * bh)
>         {
>                 return test_bit(BH_LowPrio, &bh->b_state);
>         }
>
> I don't know about AC patches, I no longer apply them.
>
>         johna

I'm wanting to use the latest kernel with raid patches and I'm new to
the mailing list... Is raid with 2.2.10 a matter of applying the 2.2.6
raid patches, and adding that code above?  What are the "AC" patches?
Is the fix in the second paragraph above required?

What are good sites for raid info - can I find digests of this list
anywhere?

Thanks for your help.

--
Robert Stuart