These questions are from the point of view of 0.90 or higher
(i.e. RH 6.0).
- How do you recover a RAID1 or a RAID5 with a bad disk when
you have no spares, i.e. how do you hotremove and hotadd? Please
go through it step by step because many paths seem to lead to
hangs.
- How do you recover a RAID1 or a RAID5 when you do have a
spare? Does it or can it work automatically?
- How do you keep your raidtab file sync'd with your actual
RAID when persistent-superblock is 1? Is there a translator
for the numerical values, i.e. for parity-algorithm, found in
/proc/mdstat?
   Thanks,
   Larry Dickson
   Land-5 Corporation