On Fri, 3 Sep 1999, Tim Walberg wrote:

> I want to mirror the NT partition when I'm running Linux.
> Obviously, the mirror will be broken when I boot under NT,

Eg. if you have sda and sdb in a mirror device, and NT uses sda only, then
with the newest raidtools you just have to do something like this in your
bootup scripts:

        raidstart /dev/md0
        raidsetfaulty /dev/md0 /dev/sdb
        raidhotremove /dev/md0 /dev/sdb
        raidhotadd /dev/md0 /dev/sdb

thats all you need i think. The kernel will sync the newer disk onto the
older one, transparently. You can and should use a superblock-enabled
device btw. I'd suggest to not autostart the array - if you raidstart
explicitly then it's granted that nothing will use the array in it's
inconsistent state.

-- mingo