On 09/04/1999 10:11 +0200, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>>      On Fri, 3 Sep 1999, Tim Walberg wrote:
>>
>>      > I want to mirror the NT partition when I'm running Linux.
>>      > Obviously, the mirror will be broken when I boot under NT,
>>
>>      Eg. if you have sda and sdb in a mirror device, and NT uses sda only, then
>>      with the newest raidtools you just have to do something like this in your
>>      bootup scripts:
>>
>>              raidstart /dev/md0
>>              raidsetfaulty /dev/md0 /dev/sdb
>>              raidhotremove /dev/md0 /dev/sdb
>>              raidhotadd /dev/md0 /dev/sdb
>>
>>      thats all you need i think. The kernel will sync the newer disk onto the
>>      older one, transparently. You can and should use a superblock-enabled
>>      device btw. I'd suggest to not autostart the array - if you raidstart
>>      explicitly then it's granted that nothing will use the array in it's
>>      inconsistent state.

I will be using superblock-enabled devices on all other RAID partitions
on the system, but I thought that having a superblock on this
partition would likely interfere with NTFS (how do you create an
NTFS partition during NT setup and tell it to not use the last 4k
of the partition?) so I figured using a superblock on this particular
device would not be a good idea...

                                tw

--
| Tim Walberg                  | Phone: 847-782-2472      |

PGP signature