Hi,
I've successfully gotten my box up with root software raid1 and I have created
md's for all but the boot partition...

I had hell getting lilo to put its magic in the right place and ended up using
brute force and awkwardness to get it on both boot partitions...

I did the raid1 using the 'spare disk' method...

What I ended up doing was to create a floppy boot disk, to boot to the raid
array the first time and then ran lilo after that...  Getting lilo on the
second disk was a matter of waiting for the disks to sync, pulling the first
disk in the array (lower scsi id), booting to the floppy again and running
lilo.

I know that there is an easier way to do this....

I've tried dd if=/dev/sda1 of=/dev/sdb1 but this did not work...

any hints?

Thanks,

--
Bo Kersey                                  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
virCIO - managed server solutions          phone: (512)374-0500

Start your own revolution and cut out the middle man.
  -Billy Bragg