> I have had two HD's in RAID0 for some time, with 16 in chunk size.
> Yesterday, the second of theese HD's krasched,
> on the array I had several files which was below 16K in filesize, containing
> all kinds of passwords from serveraccounts
> to bankaccounts and stuff like that. I guess that the fact that theese files
> was smaller then the chunk size, means that
> they still are intact on the first of the HD's (since they haven't been
> split'ed to the second one). What I would like to
> know is if there are ANY way to mount the partitions on this HD,

You (IMHO) can't mount this partition as it contains only "half" of the
filesystem.

> possible to access this disc in any way

Yes, you can of course access it using dd or a disk sector editor or a small C
program etc.

> so that I can access the passwd files located on it? Or should I forget them
> and start over again? :)

If you know some good search expressions, finding these data should be no
problem - just search all blocks of /dev/sda for it.

--

Thomas Waldmann (com_ma, Computer nach Masz)
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  www:   www.com-ma.de