Hello all,

I set up raid1 on a SuSE Linux Box.
For this i choosed 'method 1' form Jakob Ostergaards Software RAID-HOWTO:
copy the whole installation from a spare (IDE) disk.

 I have 3 partitions:

Device          Partition       Mountpoint
/dev/md0        (sda1, sdb1)    /
/dev/md1        (sda3, sdb3)    /usr
/dev/md2        (sda4, sdb4)    /info

/dev/hda        (the installation spare disk)

swap            sda2, sdb2

My problem is that i cannot boot from my raid partition /dev/md0

When the IDE disk /dev/hda is connected, everything works fine, but
without /dev/hda i just get 'LI' from the LILO-Prompt.

The lilo manpages says that this results from an incorrect map file.

When i try to install lilo i egt the message:

        'Sorry, don't know how to handle device 0x0900'

I think my problems are caused by a wrong lilo bootblock/map.

Does anyone know a solution for my problem?

  Carol

--
Carol Bosshart                     Tel.:  +49 7531-89277 54
KVG Internet Services GmbH         Fax.:  +49 7531-89277 44