I am only using a partition of the disk (sda3, sdb3) for the raid,
so I don't want to reinstall everything. Any other way to wipe out
the persistent "superblocks"? I tried to "mke2fs" on the patition, which did
not work.

When I tested "raidsetfaulty, raidhotremove, raidhotadd" on raid1,
I also got problems. I did it successfully a few times, but most of the
times the raid behaved abnormally. (recorey stay at 0%, read/write
on the raid was blocked...)
(I can give more detail infor, it is *easy* to reproduce.)

It seems that linux raid is not stable enough for any production
environment. A little disappointed about that. (How about windows
NT?)

Dong