hi,

i just touched the RESET button of our fileserver and my weekend went
away arghhh.

ironically this happend during setting up a tape library for backups -
which, of course is not finished.

after resetting the server made an fschk on the disks which caused 2 of
the 7 disks marked bad for the raid (raid5 scsi).

once before i recovered successfully from a 2 disk crash but the docu
for that was on the raid. (i even run out of cigarettes, i'm missing the
bithday party of a good friend...)

actually after booting everything appeared fine, files were back. but
now they are gone again, guess this is because the raid tried to sync
against the empty spare ?

what i'm facing now is a raid during an unmount that hangs with 2 disks
marked bad and tomorrow 5 grafic artists want to continue their work.

i desperately need some raid expert to tell me if there is a way out and
a shoulder to cry.

markus

--
Digital Online Media GmbH