Could the Raid experts revisit a portion of the discussion about swap
on raid. I understand that the use/non-use of buffer space during
reconsturction vs swap creates a problem for swap on raid, however in
my pea-sized brain it appears that this would be a problem only if a
full partition were committed to swap use. What happens if the swap
is done via a file -- does the problem still exist or is the swap
process forced to use file IO to access the allocated space???
Will this circumvent the buffer/no-buffer problem?

Michael
[EMAIL PROTECTED]