Many thanks to all who helped me with the RAID setup.

I had the 2.2.13 kernel patched successfull. Kernel build was also o.k.
But during boot a problem arises: When i construct a RAID1 from hdb1
and hdc1 including autodetection, the kernel panics when trying to
mount the root fs on hda1. I presume there is an incompatibility
between the latest raid patch and the 2.2.13 kernel. My solution is for
now to donwngrade to raittools v 0.42 using an unpatched kernel.

Regards, Andreas
--

Dr. Andreas G. Schindler        c/o Alpha Zero One Computersysteme GmbH
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                Frankfurter Str. 141, D-63303 Dreieich