My config is:

    2x PIII 500
    128MB Ram
    DPT PM3754U2 Raid V Millennium
    3 - IBM 9.1GB Ultra2 LVD 80MB/s
    Red Hat 6.1

I am using the DPT supplied boot and supplemental disks for I2O DPT Raid
controllers.
After installation the system wigs. After the system tries to boot it gets to
where it verifies
the Raid configuration, and completes OK, then I get:

   "request_module[block-major-9]: Root fs not mounted
    VFS: Cannot open root device 08:02
    Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 08:02"

I set up the partition table as follows:

    /dev/sda1    (mount point)= "/boot"             15M  Type 83
    /dev/sda2    (mount point)= "/"                4000M  Type 83
    /dev/sda3    (mount point)= "/data"        13654M  Type 83
    /dev/sda4    (Swap)                           "remainder" Type 82

I've tried to boot with sda1 as the active partition and sda2 as the active
partition.
Same error each time.

TIA,
Jon Preston