Gregory Leblanc wrote:

> Did you by chance try to re-compile the kernel?  I'm assuming that
> you're using one of the SmartRAID V cards (which you must be, because
> you said it was an I2O card, right?), then you NEED to patch the kernel
> to compile a new one (or download the pre-compiled module, a bad idea
> IMHO).  The patches/extra driver code should be available from the same
> place that you got the disks for booting the 6.1 install.  I expect that
> the i2o drivers for the DPT cards will be included in 2.4, since Alan
> has a card that he's been working with.  In the mean time, I've got a
> system up and running using the DPT patches.  Let me know if you can't
> get it going,

I use the RedHat 6.1 kernel, with DPT-pre-compiled module, because I didn't
succeed in using a self-compiled kernel: I keep getting strange timeouts
(couple of minutes I have no disk access) when I use it. I tried to compile
the driver in the kernel and as module, with the same result. Which params did
you use to compile your kernel?

Brecht