Brecht Samyn wrote:

> Gregory Leblanc wrote:

> > Did you by chance try to re-compile the kernel?  I'm assuming that
> > you're using one of the SmartRAID V cards (which you must be, because
> > you said it was an I2O card, right?), then you NEED to patch the kernel
> > to compile a new one (or download the pre-compiled module, a bad idea
> > IMHO).  The patches/extra driver code should be available from the same
> > place that you got the disks for booting the 6.1 install.  I expect that
> > the i2o drivers for the DPT cards will be included in 2.4, since Alan
> > has a card that he's been working with.  In the mean time, I've got a
> > system up and running using the DPT patches.  Let me know if you can't
> > get it going,
>
> I use the RedHat 6.1 kernel, with DPT-pre-compiled module, because I didn't
> succeed in using a self-compiled kernel: I keep getting strange timeouts
> (couple of minutes I have no disk access) when I use it. I tried to compile
> the driver in the kernel and as module, with the same result. Which params did
> you use to compile your kernel?

I download the "clean" 2.2.12 tarball, and the "patch" from DPT's ftp
site.  I believe the one that I used was 106_2pat.gz.  This was on a
RedHat 6.0 machine, so I'm not sure what else is different.  I've
attached my .config file from the linux kernel.  Perhaps I'll compile a
new kernel on that machine a little later (only takes 4 minutes,
amazing) and see if I get similar errors.  I'm not going to use their
pre-compiled module, that's just asking for trouble...
        Greg