[ Saturday, January 22, 2000 ] Michael wrote:
> Gee, I'd like to see it in 2.2 and 2.3. I'm getting real tired of
> applying the patches to new builds -- which I've been doing now for a
> couple of years (like you). How stable does it need to be?? Haven't
> had one break yet!!!
>
> Currently have running

[snip]

Excellent point.  Linus, Ingo, etc. realize that the vast majority of
users don't report success, they only report failure.  Lack of failure
reporting for a patch goes a *long* way towards giving the impression
of its stability, and I think Ingo's RAID has done remrkably well in
this regard.

James
--
Miscellaneous Engineer --- IBM Netfinity Performance Development