On Sun, 23 Jan 2000, remo strotkamp wrote:
> did anybody get the above mentioned errors and crashes even with short enough
> cables and no HD-cases?????

For a short period of time (1 day) I ran one UDMA66 disks (20GB Seagate
Barracuda with an IWILL HPT366 controller) with the cable supplied with the
controller and the disk mounted in a normal internal chassis mounting.

I got worse errors: silent corruption of the data being written to the
disk, resulting in complete and utter corruption of the jreiserfs filesystem
on the disk.  So bad, in fact, that the system would crash every time I
tried to use certain parts of the filesystem afterward... blech.

That controller and disk are now sitting on a shelf waiting for the day I
get simultaneously bored and brave enough to play with them again.  :-)

-Andy