On Wed, 5 Apr 2000, Michael Robinton wrote:

> raid will boot quite nicely from a standard lilo if the config file is
> properly set up. I have several raid1 and raid5 (with raid one boot
> partions) running that use standard lilo on both scsi and ide systems.

See, but I didn't change lilos and I only removed unused boot targets and
I'm almost certain I didn't change the working boot target (except for
it's name).  And my lilo is from red hat so it should have the boot from
md patches anyway, right?

> I'm at home at the moment so I will have to post a complete answer with
> examples config files + explainations tomorrow. Please be patient and
> I will get you the info.

Wonderful, thank you!  I'm certainly in no hurry right now :).  I won't
even need to invoke my patience, I would have sat on hold longer then that
to get an answer about any proprietary software ;)

Best,
Sean