I am not sure if anyone actually answered your question.  Here is a
lilo.conf that worked for me:

boot=/dev/md0
root=/dev/md0
install=/boot/boot.b
map=/boot/map
delay=20
vga=normal
append="panic=120"
lba32
default=Linux
image=/boot/vmlinuz
        label=Linux
        read-only
image=/boot/vmlinuz-backup
        label=LinuxBackup
        read-only

When lilo is run successfully, it creates files /boot/boot.0300 and
/boot/boot.1600 which are the boot sectors from /dev/hda and /dev/hdc,
respectively, which are in turn the components of the RAID-1 set:

md0 : active raid1 hdc1[1] hda1[0] 29768320 blocks [2/2] [UU]

This machine has the entire non-swap filesystem on /dev/md0.  That is,
/dev/md0 is mounted as the root fs during boot and /boot is simply an
ordinary subdirectory of it.  Since this is a RAID-1 set of two 30 GB
drives and the root fs is larger than 8.4 GB, "lba32" is used to boot
(regardless of RAID issues).

This system is running Debian 2.2 "potato" with Ingo Molnar's kernel
patches to the standard 2.2.14 kernel source, and a hand-compiled Lilo
21.4.1 dowloaded from:

http://metalab.unc.edu/pub/Linux/system/boot/lilo/lilo-21.4.1.tar.gz

Note that this Lilo source kit already includes suport for RAID boot and
32-bit LBA for use with boot partitions larger than 8.4 GB.

-- Mike