> raid will boot quite nicely from a standard lilo if the config file
> is properly set up. I have several raid1 and raid5 (with raid one
> boot partions) running that use standard lilo on both scsi and ide
> systems. I'm at home at the moment so I will have to post a complete
> answer with examples config files + explainations tomorrow. Please
> be patient and I will get you the info.

as promised, here is the complete description for bootable root raid
and upgrade of a conventional system to raid.

Those of you who use this, be advised that while I have proofed the
copy, this is the first cut of the document. Please e-mail me
corrections. I will put this on Linux Documentation Project after
receiving your feedback.

http://www.bzs.org/~michael/working/BootRootRaidLilominihowto.html

Michael
[EMAIL PROTECTED]