Hello!

RedHat 6.1's graphical install program has destroyed my RAID0 volume,
which is really bad for me.

I was going to install a second Linux, on a separate partition, and chose
"create RAID partition", and to *not* format it. After that, I couldn't
mount it any longer. e2fsck and dumpe2fs complain about a bad magic
number. Using the debugger, I found that the superblock contains garbage.

Trying to find out what happend, I repeated the installation, and found
the following message on the console:

"DESTROYING the contents of /tmp/md0 in 5 seconds, press ctrl-c if
unsure!"

So it seems, the install program called "mkraid --real-force" without any
warning!

Is there any chance to rescue my data ??? What actually happens to the
disk, when mkraid (or mkpv?) is called? Is there a way to repair the
damage, since the RAID volume has not been formatted?

I've tried to find an alternate superblock, but I didn't succeed so far.

Thank you in advance for any help!!

bye!