I am guessing that my problem are the files /etc/md0 and /etc/md1 which
disappeared when I lost my /dev directory.  Is there any way to recreate
these short of rebuilding and therefor destroying the underlining data?
Every raid command I try to run gives me the same error message:

        "cannot determine md version: No such file or directory"

It certainly would be better if the error messages where more descriptive.

Best Regards,
Warm Regards,
Hugs,
Robert L.