System Administration wrote:

> [...]
>
> Whoops!  You're saying that SuSE's 2.2.14 *kernel* still needs
> patching (as opposed to just having raidtools-0.90 in the system)?  Of
> course I enabled LVM and MD options along with linear, raid0, and
> raid1 personalities when I built the kernel used for testing.  But
> you're saying the "out of the box" SuSE kernel isn't enough to run
> raid1?

Well, you _can_ run raid1 with the standard SuSE kernel but it's only
version 0.36 (which is the default for a fresh kernel). It has several
drawbacks, f.i. no autodetect feature. AFAIK the raidtools-0.90 can only
be used with raid version 0.90. Correct me if I'm wrong.

juri

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                                         innominate AG