Juri Haberland writes:
 > System Administration wrote:
 > > Whoops!  You're saying that SuSE's 2.2.14 *kernel* still needs
 > > patching (as opposed to just having raidtools-0.90 in the system)?  Of
 > > course I enabled LVM and MD options along with linear, raid0, and
 > > raid1 personalities when I built the kernel used for testing.  But
 > > you're saying the "out of the box" SuSE kernel isn't enough to run
 > > raid1?
 >
 > Well, you _can_ run raid1 with the standard SuSE kernel but it's only
 > version 0.36 (which is the default for a fresh kernel). It has several
 > drawbacks, f.i. no autodetect feature. AFAIK the raidtools-0.90 can only
 > be used with raid version 0.90. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I did try applying the kernel patches suggested here earlier and, no
suprise, there are problems in the raid1 code patches (and some other
sections, too).  It doesn't patch cleanly against SuSE's kernel (close
but not quite and somehow I don't think "close enough" applies to
kernel patches [G]).

Thanks, folks!  Back to the shadows, again!

Rick