On Tue, Nov 03, 2009 at 08:43:01AM -0800, Sean Hefty wrote:

> What's missing is Jason's patch to fix the IPv6 mapping, and a way to extend
> the
> rdma_cm to support the full range of unmapped addresses.  I just haven't been
> able to get to either of these yet.

My feeling is when AF_IB is introduced the hacky overload of AF_INET6
should be deprecated and MGIDs must be passed in as AF_IB - and some
ancillary optional data to set the pkey, rate, etc for the join request.

That way a 0 AF_IB MGID would pass straight through to the SA, and
come back as a unique SA assigned address.

This fills in an API hole, there is no way to join a MGID with kernel
help to refcount and unjoin.

BTW, the kernel test for 0xFF1-scope-A01B is busted:

(s6_addr32[0]) & 0xFF10A01B) == 0xFF10A01B

I was wondering what that was about. Should have been

(s6_addr32[0]) & 0xFFF0FFFF) == 0xFF10A01B

Right?