On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 06:23:15PM -0500, Jeff Squyres wrote:

> 2. I am somewhat confused by the overloading of the term "transport".
> It appears that a device will have
> ibv_device.transport_type==IBV_TRANSPORT_IB for both IB and RDMAOE
> devices.  The only way to tell the difference is to examine the new
> ibv_port_attr.transport field to see if it is RDMA_TRANSPORT_IB or
> RDMA_TRANSPORT_RDMAOE.

I haven't seen these patches but this seems poor to me. I think any
app that isn't using rdmacm will need patching and support for RDMAOE
(certainly all mine will). libibverbs shouldn't overload the existing
transport_type checks for something that is not 100% compatible with
IB.

Is the same true for openmpi? If you try to run it as is on a RDMAOE
interface will it work? If not I think that alone should kill this
idea..