On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 09:12:53PM -0500, Jeff Squyres wrote:
> On Nov 24, 2009, at 7:11 PM, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
>
> >Is the same true for openmpi? If you try to run it as is on a RDMAOE
> >interface will it work? If not I think that alone should kill this
> >idea..
> >

> OMPI uses RDMACM (among others), so I'm not sure I follow what you're
> asking me...?

I think I'm asking you about the non RDMACM stuff in openmpi, ibcm,
xoob, etc. I can't tell at glance if any of them will be safe to run
on RDMAoE as-is..

At least it looks like there are some basic problems, like oob doesn't
exchange a GID, or setup the AH to use a GRH.

Basically, if setting transport_type == IB for RDMAoE breaks existing
stuff then it probably isn't a good strategy.