On Nov 25, 2009, at 2:25 AM, Or Gerlitz wrote:

> I was reviewing Mellanox's Open MPI patches for RDMAoE support

Can you send us point to the patch series (mail thread or some
repository where they sit)?

Here's one thread:

http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/devel/2009/11/7063.php

the latest patch in that thread is here:

http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/devel/2009/11/7119.php

Here's another thread with a slightly different thread, but with elements of IBoE support in it:

http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/devel/2009/11/7120.php

> 1. It looks like there is a new field on the ibv_port_attr struct:
> transport. Is it expected that all device drivers will start filling
> in this value, or is it done in the OF core code somewhere?
Please note that this field isn't present in the distro provided IB
stack and hence it is highly recommended to avoid referring it in your
code,

FWIW: we have configure tests checking for this field (just like we have configure tests checking for transport_type, because that wasn't always there, either). However, it is a little disturbing that based on this conversation, that field name may change, and therefore we'll have to add *more* configure logic to figure out what exact field to check. The same is true for all the IBoE code -- since none of that code has been approved yet, it's risky to base any code off it. :-\

as least some of us (...) are for decoupling ompi from ofed, so
lets not put sticks in the wheels of that process.

Hear hear (let's remove MPI from OFED! :-) ). But I think that this is a separate issue.

--
Jeff Squyres
jsquy...@cisco.com