On 11/29/10 11:10 AM, Steve Wise wrote:

On 11/24/2010 11:42 AM, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

The last time this came up I said that the kernel side of ibv_reg_mr
should do the right thing for all types of memory that are mmap'd into
a process and I still think that is true. RDMA to device memory could
be very useful and with things like GEM managing the allocation of
device (video) memory to userspace, so it can be done safely.

Jason

Tom posted changes to support this a while back. Tom, do you have an updated patch series for this support?

Yes. I removed the new verb and followed Jason's recommendation of adding this support to the core reg_mr support. I used the type bits in the vma struct to determine the type of memory being registered and just did the "right thing."

I'll repost in the the next day or two.

Tom

Steve.