> This is an improved version of my previous patch to add XRC support to
> RDMA CM.

I would still like to see support merged upstream and into mainline libibverbs
before applying this to my tree.

> This version now support the newer rdma CM interface. It needs some
> polishing but it works.

It's hard to comment on the patch as an attachment.  In several places, if/else
statements were added, but indentation was not added to the opposite part of
the statement.  There was also a rather large amount of code added to
rdma_create_qp() that needs to be split into a separate function.  (I dislike
functions longer than a screen.)

> It modifies the rdma_client/server examples to use xrc instead of rc.
>
> The big hack is that the SRQ number needs to be transmitted to the remote
> side. This patch hijacks the private data, so it's not acceptable. Ideally
> the SRQ
> number should be transmitted either in the REQ or REP packet (depending
> on which side the sender or the receiver) alongside the QP number. But that
> would need a change in the specs. Any suggestions ?

What are the QPNs carried in the REQ and REP?

> Also a good chunk of the patch is to deal with the XRC verbs API. I wonder
> whether XRC could/should be more integrated into the existing verbs:

That would be my preference.   I'm not familiar with the OFED XRC interfaces,
so I'm only going off of the annex.

> - sender should not need a domain,

Hiding the xrc domain with the pd might help prevent breaking the user space
ABI.

> - there should be 2 types of xrc QPs (send and receive) instead of one,

I've thought of this as well, and think it may also help prevent breaking the
ABI.

- Sean