> The typical use case foe xrc is for lots of related processes on each node. In
> this case it would be helpful to cache these to avoid P^2 effects. The CM
> seems like a nice place to do this. The usual problem is knowing when to
> stop.

After your thumb recovers, I could use more details here.  I didn't follow what
you were trying to say.

> I'm not thrilled with 3. Seems to me like these concepts don't merge well.
> The idea behind the implementation is to let apps use the file system
> permissions to control who can join. Whatever we do has to preserve this.

I agree with using the file system permissions.  This was the reason behind
adding some new call like ibv_share_pd().

In hindsight, the APIs could have been simpler if we had just hid the PD
entirely.  I'd hate to make it worse by having two 'protection domain' objects.
 We end up adding new function parameters and structure fields.  How many apps
allocate more than 1 PD or XRC domain per device?

- Sean