> > I guess I need to go back and study the specs more to understand why the
> QPN is in the REQ.
>
> I looked at the kernel headers; struct cm_req_msg and cm_rep_msg, and
> they both contain the QP numbers.

I was referring only to *why* the XRC TGT QP needed to know the XRC INI QPN (at
a conceptual level).  I think it's for control messages.

> > The REQ/REP also carry EECN fields which might be usable here, and maybe
> that was the intent.
>
> The XRC spec does not make room for the srq number. Which implies it's left
> to the application to transmit it.

Agreed - I was wondering if using the EECN would work, but I don't think that
it does.  There would typically be multiple SRQs targeted by a single XRC
INI->TGT connection.  Maybe SIDR could be adopted for this purpose as the
standard discovery technique.

- Sean