I thought this was intentional! I.e. in order to get multicast over RoCE to
work we were trying to piggyback on the behavior of intelligent switches.
Otherwise the only way to get packets forwarded without adding a new group
of multicast addresses would be to broadcast. The implementation of IGMP and
MLD at the end node is oblivious to the packet's ethertype. And switches (at
least the ones we tried) also happily multicast RoCE packets.