On 09/05/12 19:59, Atchley, Scott wrote:
On Sep 5, 2012, at 1:50 PM, Reeted wrote:

I have read that with newer cards the datagram (unconnected) mode is
faster at IPoIB than connected mode. Do you want to check?
I have read that the latency is lower (better) but the bandwidth is lower.

Using datagram mode limits the MTU to 2044 and the throughput to ~3 Gb/s on
these machines/cards. Connected mode at the same MTU performs roughly the same.
The win in connected mode comes with larger MTUs. With a 9000 MTU, I see ~6
Gb/s. Pushing the MTU to 655120 (the maximum for ipoib), I can get ~13 Gb/s.

Have a look at an old thread in this ML by Sebastien Dugue "IPoIB to Ethernet routing performance" He had numbers much higher than yours on similar hardware, and was suggested to use datagram to achieve offloading and even higher speeds. Keep me informed if you can fix this, I am interested but can't test infiniband myself right now.