On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 12:40 AM, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

> As Sean said earlier, please think about a single QP, multiple RQ/SQ
> style API - that seems much more general to me and also could
> reasonably be defined for other transport types.

I find it to have too much of an abstraction for kernel level API,
since that single QP isn't really a HW construct but rather something
artificial. For UD/RAW PACKET QPs, RSS is natual and done on maybe >
100 Ethernet NIC drivers, where a special steering rule sends RX
packet to a dispatcher QP who applies hash and does 2nd dispatching to
QPs/rings depending on the hash results, so now we want to bring that
to IPoIB too, and we allow to specify that "parent" etc etc.

Or.