> > Conceptually, RSS/TSS are a set of send/receive work queues all
> > belonging to the same transport level address.  There's no
> > parent-child relationship or needed pairing of send and receive
> > queues together in order to form a group.
>
> This view makes sense to me as well. Can someone also confirm that
> using TSS doesn't affect the on-the-wire packets vs the non-TSS cases?
> I heard a few comments that sounded like TSS users get a per-queue QPN
> in the outgoing packet rather than a single QPN for the group, which
> would be pretty ugly.

After speaking with Tzahi, my understanding is that the receive work queues all
receive on the same QPN, but the send work queues use different QPNs.  The
on-wire packets are affected, specifically the ipoib header.  This is why the
send QPNs must be sequential, so that a mask can be applied at the receiving
side to determine a single source QPN.

- Sean