On Apr 22, 2013, at 4:00 PM, Doug Ledford <dledf...@redhat.com> wrote:

>> 2. Change all instances of ib_mtu/ibv_mtu to an int.  Code such as
>> "switch(mtu) case IBV_MTU_1024: ..." will need to be updated to
>> "switch(mtu) case 1024: ...".
>
> I was actually thinking that an ibverbs API version 2.0 might be an
> interesting way to go.  The proliferation of non-IB link layers
> providing the verbs API make some of the original assumptions of IB link
> layer in the original API obsolete.  But, if we were to do that, I'd
> take some time to really think the issue over and try to catch all of
> the needed updates in one go.

In addition to the MTU, another obvious issue is the active_speed attribute on
the ibv_port_attr.  On the kernel side, it's an enum (IB_SPEED_SDR through
IB_SPEED_EDR), but there's no corresponding enum names in libibverbs.

It would be good to make this value a non-enum-int, too.

--
Jeff Squyres
jsquy...@cisco.com