On 04/06/2013 11:37, Or Gerlitz wrote:
> On 04/06/2013 04:24, Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) wrote:
>> On May 29, 2013, at 1:53 AM, Or Gerlitz <or.gerl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Have you looked on ODP? see
>>> https://www.openfabrics.org/resources/document-downloads/presentations/doc_download/568-on-demand-paging-for-user-space-networking.html
>>>

>> Is the idea behind ODP that, at the beginning of time, you register
>> the entire memory space (i.e., NULL to 2^64) and then never worry
>> about registered memory?

We wish to get there eventually. In our current implementation you still
have to register an on-demand memory region explicitly. The difference
between a regular memory region is that the pages in the region aren't
pinned.

> Adding Haggai from the team that works on ODP. Haggai, Jeff also made a
> comment over this thread http://marc.info/?t=136976347600006&r=1&w=2
> that a limitation of a max of 2 concurrent page faults seems fairly
> significant which you might want to address too.

We chose to support only 2 concurrent page faults per QP since this
allows us to maintain order between the QP's operations and the
user-space code using it.

Regards,
Haggai